How to Make Friends

Nathan Basilio, Contributor

There are many people out in the world that wants to make friends, but not everyone knows how to make them. Or maybe, they just don’t know how to make friends smoothly without being awkward.

Having the ability to make friends is essential for human life. Without socialization you are taking away something that makes you human. Here is how you can make friends at school.

The first thing you can do to make friends to to be in involved. To explain getting involved with stuff you’re interested in at school (like a sports team, band, drama club, etc.) is a great way to connect with like-minded people.

Whether it’s your team’s huge win on the field or the play you’re rehearsing in drama club, you’re guaranteed to have something to talk about. If you’re not sure what club’s right for you, have a chat with the organizers of the groups to find out what they’re all about.

Another thing you can do to make friends is to ask questions. Ask them about what they like to do in their spare time, their favorite subject, or what TV shows they’re into. Then, ask follow-up questions. For example, if they say their favorite Netflix show is Riverdale, ask them what it’s about (or tell them you’re into it, too, if you watch it).

One more way how you can make friends efficiently is to be confident. From experience, being confident to make friends comes a long way. By making friends confidently allows you to become more outgoing, however it takes time and practice by achieving this you will get friends in no time.

I have interviewed some local students at our school on there tables on how they make friends. “Being funny is key, by being funny, once they laugh and laugh, you find success”. Another student said “I make friends by getting their contact information and start to talk to them.”

There are many ways to make friends but you have to find your way and your confidence to make friends, now go out there and try these ways out.